Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Fine Used records

I was going to start this post by referencing our recent "East Cost" trip.  But suddenly, that was last month....  Anyway: 

One of the high points (for me at least) of our trip was an excursion to Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh.  An amazing place, bin after bin after bin of records, along with stacks and stacks of records and all surrounded with shelves and shelves of records.  And pretty much everything priced at $5. 



So: What did we get (between my son and I):

  • Triumvirat - Illusions On A Double Dimple.  The 1974 album from the German "Prog" band, ranks #45 on Rolling Stone's list of 50 Greatest Prog Rock Albums of All Time.  I figured this would be pretty obscure, but Jerry's had 8 copies!  Really diggin' this.
  • Alan Parson Project - Turn Of A Friendly Card  The 1980 release from the man involved in the production of Abby Road and Dark Side Of The moon.  We haven't played it yet, but only been home a week.
  • Kansas - Point Of Know Return.  Pretty well known album, we have it on digital.  But my son wanted it to frame / hang the album cover
  • Frank Sinatra - Songs For Swingin' Lovers
  • Frank Sinatra - Swing Easy (sealed, 1961 12-song release)  - My collection has been notably deficient in Sinatra.  Fixed.

It would be quite dangerous for me if this place was nearby, instead of 600 miles...

No comments: